Little late now, but this about sums it up.
dionysus and apollo have quickly become two of my favourite greek gods
so I looked them up and I found my new favourite picture
look at their faces
look at how fucking drunk dionysus is
look at apollo
look at his face
i love it
This is why I love Greek mythology.
Things are starting to seem a little skewed, right? Men’s stories being told, not women’s.And then we were assigned our summer reading for Sophomore year. Lord of the Flies and The Jungle, both written by men. There are literally no women whatsoever in Lord of the Flies, because it…
“The negative effects of assigning novels that generally focus on men are subtle, but damaging to the self esteem of the girls that are reading them. It’s a classic example of the hidden (read: sexist) curriculum in our schools, and it tells young women that men are more interesting and that what men have to say carries more value than anything a woman might want to contribute.”
When I grow up and am influential enough, I really want to tackle the education system head on. It frustrates me so much that I can’t react. So, I just reblog and hope to make more people frustrated, hoping for a snowball effect.
It’s time for another Bisexual Books giveaway! Bisexual YA author Corinne Duyvis was generous enough to send us some swag from her US tour and we’re happy to pass it along to you guys!
You could win all the fantastic goodies pictured above:
- An AUTOGRAPHED arc of Otherbound by Corinne Duyvis
- An arc of Battle Magic by Tamora Pierce
- A copy of Bi-Normal by M.G. Higgins
- A card from Grasshopper Jungle by Andrew Smith
- stickers from tumblr, weneeddiversebooks, a full set of stickers from the Pantomime series by Laura Lam, and a bi pride flag
- bookmarks from bi authors featuring Corinne Duyvis, Hannah Moskowitz, and Saundra Mitchell
Now all the boring rules stuff:
- This giveaway is open to everyone (yes international friends this includes you).
- You must be following us here at bisexual-books to win
- You must reblog this post (likes don’t count for this one sorry guys).
- You can reblog as many times as you’d like
- But no giveaway blogs
- Winners will be chosen August 10th at 8pm CST
Reblog this post for the chance to win some YA with bi-sexual main characters.